Web3 Education Landscape
Web3 is here to stay and education will a larger driver to bring new people into the space. Particularly with regards to development and user onboarding, more people are dipping their toes with DAO contributions and learning.
Web3 Education represents a paradigm shift between Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 regarding the way we learn and are incentivized.
These categories and projects are spearheading the education space. By thinking of new coordination, mechanism designs, and incentives to learn, this will continue to grow.
The following projects focus primarily on Web3 Development + general user onboarding. Feel free to submit a PR with a Category Name / URL + Description.
Collaborative Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) where many internet strangers come together and work towards a common goal. In these examples, they are focused on growing the Web3 Developer community and helping one another
- EthernautsDAO: A common goods DAO aimed at transforming developers into Ethereum developers.
- DeveloperDAO: A community of builders who believe in collective ownership of the internet.
- BuildGuild: Forkable quadratic funding and bounty system to incentivize pseudo-anonymous developers to coordinate around a set of temporary projects or tasks.
- Optilisitic Labs: Community of Engineers & Educators that run a ‘finishing school’ for experienced Web2 engineers going down the Web3 rabbithole.
More info can be found here (DAO Landscape by Coopahtroopa)
Libraries / Tooling
These are the open-source tools helping Developers create the tools they need for Ethereum Development.
- Open Zeppelin: Security products to build, automate, and operate decentralized applications
- ScaffoldETH: Quickly experiment with Solidity using a frontend that adapts to your smart contract
- Create-Eth-App: Create Ethereum-powered apps with one command.
- Hardhat: Ethereum development environment for professionals
- Truffle: Suite for Smart Contract Developers
Learning is always more fun through interactive games and interfaces
- CryptoZombies: Interactive school that teaches you all things technical about blockchains.
- Ethernauts: Web3/Solidity-based wargame inspired on overthewire.org, played in the Ethereum Virtual Machine.
Bootcamps / Courses
Courses and boot camps that teach people about Web3 Development.
- Consensys Developer Bootcamp: 10–12 week online Developer Bootcamp course
- Chainshot: Fast-track your Ethereum Developer career in an instructor-led and challenging bootcamp
- Lambda School: Online Coding School and Bootcamp
- Udemy: Several Blockchain Courses on the EdTech Platform.
- BuildSpace: Web3 project-based courses you’ll want to finish.
- Kernel: A peer-to-peer, lifelong learning community of the most talented individuals in web3
- Questbooks: Decentralized University where learning is always free.
- Decentology: Kickstart decentralized application development
Cool Web3 Builders
This is a large list but these three cool builders came to mind immediately
- Eat the Blocks
- Dapp University
- Defi Weekly
- Future Alisha
- Coin Monks
- Taiki Maeda
- The Defiant
- Week In Ethereum
- Solidity By Example
Learn 2 Earn
Changing the incentive mechanics to get people to learn new topics and skills whilst getting rewarded
- 1729: The first newsletter that pays you. Bitcoin bounties for completing paid tasks and tutorials.
- Layer3: Earn crypto for tweets, tattoos, and everything in-between.
- Rabbithole: Earn crypto through discovering and using the latest crypto applications
- Pragma: Learn Web3 Development and Earn Rewards
Hackathons are a great start and a way to put your skills to the test with friends or Internet Strangers.
Thank you to all the people contributing to the wider Web3 Education ecosystem 🙏